Useful Firefox Addons
Below is a list of the extensions that I use for reference whenever I am setting up a new computer.
- Downthemall - Accelerates downloads and allows you to pause/resume them.
- HTTPS Everywhere - Automatically redirect to the https version of sites if one is available. This can prevent third parties injecting malicious content into your traffic or monitoring you.
- Close to Tray - Minimizes or closes windows to the system tray (Linux users should use FireTray instead).
- FireTray - Linux users need this instead of Close To Tray because for them, Close to Tray doesn't work on Linux.
- Tab Groups - Allows you to group tabs, but most importantly, you can press
ctrl-shift-eto view all of your tabs in a single window and easily close them.
- Add-on Compatibility Reporter - check addons are compatible with multiprocessing.
- ~~Bad Bird Blocker - remove adverts from inside your twitter feed.~~ This has since been removed by its author.
- ~~Firebug - Great for web developers.~~ - Use Firefox Developer Tools now instead.
- ~~Ctrl-Tab - Makes ctrl-tab go back to the last used tab rather than cycling through tabs.~~ Refer here.
The following extensions are really useful but will slow down Firefox startup and page loading.
If you have and recommendations, please comment.